Come with me by yourselves to quiet place... Mark 6:31

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Connect the Dots

Yesterday I recieved in the mail Anne Graham Lotz's Fall newsletter. I cannot believe how it confirmed what I am learning and how God is leading. An excerpt from her cover article says...

And daily I face, along with so many of you, the burden of knowing what time it is in human history. The oppression of seeing our nation officially in rebellion against God, unable to connect the dots of the environmental disasters, terrorist threats, brutal crimes, political scandals, corporate corruption and economic recession, to the removal of His hand of blessing, is a heavy weight on my spirit.

'Connect the dots' screamed off the page to me as I had written those exact same words in my prayer journal recently and re-written them on my October 18 blog post titled Wake Up With Me. Here's what I wrote...

I know very little about the Middle East. And I have been led to know more about the Middle East. In fact, a few weeks ago, I felt God was prompting me to do three things:
* Wake up, open my eyes – connect the dots between news and biblical prophecy…
* Get informed – read, know the present, know the past, know the map, know the leaders…
* Get prepared – listen and be ready to obey where God puts me and what He asks of me…


We must all wake up! As events unfold on the national and international horizon, we must put two and two together and seek God for answers. He is speaking. He is speaking quite a bit through studies of the Major and Minor Prophets. Anne Lotz goes on to say that God has led her to saturate herself in His Word, in particular the Minor Prophets!

I pray, fervently pray, that He has not totally removed His hand of blessing.

To read Anne Graham Lotz's article in its entirety, here you go... http://www.annegrahamlotz.com/news/2010/11/2/fall-2010/

No comments: