Come with me by yourselves to quiet place... Mark 6:31

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Merry Christmas, Dear Bloggers


I think that every Christmas the Lord puts one or two new thoughts in my head and I ponder on them all through the season. This year I am thinking about God breaking through the darkness. From Malachi to Matthew there had been 400 years of silence, 400 years of darkness. No Word from God, no prophet speaking forth for the Lord. The world was waiting for a very long time for renewal, rebirth, redemption - for HIM. And finally at the most unusual time, in the most unexpected way, God brought His Light into the world.

He still does. I was just speaking with a dear friend who says her world looks dark. She said the last four years feel like 400. I am reminded of the ones on my prayer list who are dying, paralyzed, low on hope, rejected, grieving, hurting, unsettled and lost. Sometimes our lives feel so dark and our hopes are so low. Yet, our God reigns! Just at the most unusual time in a way only orchestrated by Him, God breaks into our little lives with Hope and Grace and Love and Glory!

He still is in the business of breaking through the darkness. Look for it. Expect it. Watch for it. I pray this gentle, tender, childlike unfolding of His plan in your life. Merry Christmas!

God is Light; In Him there is no darkness at all.
I John 1: 5

3 comments:

Katy Forester Brooks said...

I just love this picture! Thanks for such good thoughts...

Shay Brannon said...

Praise Him that He is the light of the world! Thanks so much for sharing your thinking. Merry Christmas!

dani-ga said...

suzanne ..
a mentor and friend told me once. when light enters the room (world). darkness has no where to hide.
love that thought and yours.
this year for me has been full of exposure ...its funny how we create needs within our selves thru idols of all sorts that God intended for us not to have or own. knowing this in His sovereignty God patiently waits until we relinquish our control and trust His desire for us rather than desires of ourself. His light has entered ...and I'm one that has been changed because of it.
grateful ..merry Christmas to you and your precious family.
dani