Come with me by yourselves to quiet place... Mark 6:31

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Survey Results

Hi Wednesday girls! Thank you so much for your survey comments. Here’s what you thought…

About the homework… You said the length is fine and the depth is okay too. You don’t want as many fill-in-the blank questions, although several of you admitted they had been more helpful than you thought. Right here and now, I need to announce again that I use the NIV translation when teaching. I’ve already reduced the number of fill-in-the-blanks - hope you’ve noticed. You actually overwhelmingly like the what-do-you-think questions. I am so glad; I do too! You would like a map that you can mark up to go along with our study; great idea - I’ll try to find one. You want more space between questions and a larger font, so Lesson 4 has one size larger font - see if that helps. Lots of you want more word definitions and a few of you want more personal questions and more commentary and/or my thoughts on the passage. I think in Lesson 4 I did just that. Hands down, almost all of you do your homework all through the week. You are most exceptional – you actually do all of your homework!!!

About the blog… The posts could be slightly shorter, but the depth is perfect. Almost everyone likes the blog as is, but some want me to teach more through the blog and would like it to be a little more personal. Only a few have problems when printing, and most of you read the blog every few days.

On commenting… For those of you who want to read the comments but don’t know how… you simply click on the word ‘comments’ at the bottom of the post and they should come up. A few of you might comment if you knew how, but for the most part, you don’t want to comment at all. We all feel too exposed, and iffy about comments that are permanent and out there for all the world to see. One simple way is to comment anonymously… click into ‘comment’ at the bottom of the post and write your comment. Then, verify the word (that’s to reduce spammers) and sign on as anonymous. You can be completely anonymous or leave your first name or initials.

And, finally… I regret that at the moment there is no way for the lectures to be on the blog. And for now I’ve made a decision to keep prayer requests private to those attending class. However, the one thing you all want to see are more pictures! I laughed out loud! Molly, if you are reading this, next weekend bring me your old camera. Yes, ladies, I don’t even own a camera. And what do you want pictures of?? I might take a picture of Ben so you can see my sweet husband, and I thought I might take a picture of my own little private den where I pray for all of you… you are too precious!

All in all, it appears the homework is working and the blog is working and it is all working. I am beside myself. I praise God from start to finish! This is His class and everything has been His idea. I am having a blast!

2 comments:

Kim Johnson said...

Suzanne your lecture yesterday was awesome! I pray we all get behind our Lord and Saviour and let him lead the way just as Joshua did! It would be amazing to see the walls that He would make tumble down in our lives.

FYI - Several people have mentioned to me that they want to hear the lecture when they miss class. (I don't blame them :).

Last thing - There is a book "Unashamed" by Francine Rivers all about Rahab!

I'm glad I know how to comment now! Much love to all. Kim

Kristi said...

Love the new map! Thank you!!!