Come with me by yourselves to quiet place... Mark 6:31

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

What's everybody reading?

One of my favorite questions... and one asked several times yesterday at Book Club.

A red letter day six times a year is when I get to have lunch with these girls and discuss books. We have a delicious lunch - this time an artichoke and sausage soup - (in Beyond Parsley if you have that cookbook) with corn muffins, and for dessert, meringues with lemon curd and blueberries. Thank you, Anne! Yum!
We just finished reading Summer at Tiffany by Marjorie Hart - a light, easy, whimsical true story of two girls who spent a summer in NYC working at Tiffany. For November we're reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy and I'm sure we will mention the upcoming movie. November's meeting is at my house, so I need to dig into my cookbooks. Anybody else take cookbooks to bed with you, as I do?
So, what are you reading? Forgotten God by Francis Chan is on my bedside and it's good! I'm sorry to say this summer spoiled me when we did a blog read together. I'm not listening and hearing and doing as I did in our summer study. Next in line is Radical by David Platt.

I need a good book to take to Molly's for a few rare free moments in between taking care of Anna, the new baby, and my baby... Mol.

Yes, we're a week away and on baby watch. I'll do a post the day the baby is born if at all possible. Love to all you blog friends!

4 comments:

Lesley said...

I'm reading Victor Frankl's "Man's Search For Meaning." Heavy. And Adam Gopnik's "Paris to the Moon" for which I owe the library $22 b/c I forgot to renew it.

But I just finished "Room" and I cannot recommend it enough. The premise sounds awful - a 5 year old boy who is born and raised in a shed by his mom, who has been abducted - but it's such a fantastic story.

Melanie said...

I'm reading "The ADD and ADHD Answerbook" by Susan Ashley, a book about Hagar and several magazines. I'll be reading "Entre Nous" by Debra Ollivier while at the beach during fall break. The best book I read most recently was "The Help". Have you read "The Swan House"?

Cynthia said...

I just finished Stieg Larson's third book in the series - "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" (the title sounds like it should be my autobiography!). I couldn't put them down! Language gets rough in parts so you have to get passed that. Also am re-reading "The Prodigal God". See something new every time!

Lesley said...

Oh The Help is the best book ever. If you haven't read it, you must must must. My grandmother had a maid, Carrie, for about 40 years and I couldn't stop thinking about their relationship, and my mom and Carrie's relationship through the whole book. And wishing that I could have a Carrie!