Come with me by yourselves to quiet place... Mark 6:31

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Jerry Bridges in Town!

For all of you who followed the Coffee Tea and Thee Summer Book Club online when we read Jerry Bridges' Respectable Sins, do I have great news for you! Jerry Bridges will be in our town speaking the weekend of May 13-15. Mark it down!

Here's what I know so far:

* The host is Christ Presbyterian Church, meeting in Hampton Cove Middle School http://www.christpreshamptoncove.org

* Jerry will be speaking Friday night around 7 pm, Saturday 9-11 am, and twice Sunday - 9:15 am & again at 10:30 am for church. As I find out exact times, I will post them.

* His topic ( and I know all you BSF'ers studying Isaiah will be thrilled!):
The Foundation of Holiness from Isa. 6:1-8.
Messages will cover: God- His Holiness; Guilt- the seriousness of sin; The Gospel- the remedy for sin (II Cor. 5:21); and Gratitude- motivation of the Gospel (Lu. 7).

I'm pumped! Needless to say, this man, his inspired writings and the Holy Spirit's conviction changed my heart for the Gospel. Stay tuned and I'll see you there!

1 comment:

KKelly said...

This is exciting! I can't wait to hear him and hopefully have an opportunity to tell him how we loved his book.