Come with me by yourselves to quiet place... Mark 6:31

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Radical

My weekly Bible Study group, whom I affectionately call The Wednesday Girls, are ending our year with the study of David Platt's Radical. This has been some kind of year for us. In the fall we watched and discussed The Truth Project; in the winter we launched into the study of Amos. God has called us, collectively and individually, to a new way of thinking. Less about us and more about Him. And if our boats had not been rocked hard enough, David Platt has us in the spiritual high seas. We are discussing the hardest biblical passages and contemplating decisions that a year ago would have been foreign to our minds and hearts. I cannot wait to find out where God is taking us... and I mean globally.

Here is a clip. I know David Platt looks like a teenager (I hear he is 31), but his wisdom is well beyond his years. I believe God has solidly planted him for such a time as this.



I highly recommend the book and the study. Be prepared...God may have something radical to say to you.

One more...

No comments: