Come with me by yourselves to quiet place... Mark 6:31

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Coffee Tea and Thee Studio

Am I living in a dream? Today I moved into my studio! A gorgeous day, shirt sleeves in December, Ben's truck loaded, my car full, a rickety freight elevator, new digs! We unloaded art supplies, books, easels, my mother's old couch, chair, and shelves to my new home away from home! Just a block or so from downtown, I now have a place to paint, write, and light.

The first thing I planned to do there was pray, but I kept getting interrupted by the man putting on a new lock and doorknob. So I cleaned and polished and febreezed. Plenty of time for prayer there.


108 Woodson, 2nd floor, in a room off the back hall in the architect offices of Matheny Goldmon...

Don't you love the awesome windows... and how my easel forms a cross...

Mom's old furniture never looked so inviting and certainly never smelled so good - orange oil!

The very first thing to grace the walls - not a painting of mine, but words from Joshua.

I'm so excited!
After the first of the year I will establish office hours and I promise to invite you in for a visit!

8 comments:

Katy Forester Brooks said...

Congrats!!!! Can't wait to visit!!

Megan said...

I am so excited for you and hopefully we can come see it after Christmas!

Anonymous said...

WHOOPEE!! WHOOPEE!! WHOOPEE!! This is exciting, Mom!!!
LOVE YOU!!!! - Sarah

Dedra said...

I am so excited and proud of you! HE has amazing things ahead of you dear friend!! It's gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

this is the same building as the cole cubelic show! war eagle that.

-houston

Shay Brannon said...

Thrilled beyond measure and rejoicing with you!!! So proud of you and excited where God is taking you. Love you!

Susan W. Lester said...

Awesome Suzanne! congrats on the new place.

Paula said...

Please add me to your list of invitees!!!