Come with me by yourselves to quiet place... Mark 6:31

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Blog Exercise #1

Write an elevator pitch for your blog.

A what? “An elevator pitch is an overview of an idea for a product, service, or project. The name reflects the fact that an elevator pitch can be delivered in the time span of an elevator ride.” —Wikipedia

Lesson 1 says that as a blogger I need to have thought through and crystallized in my mind what my blog is about. If I am fuzzy on what it's about, it’s unlikely that anyone else will have a clear idea either.

Well, I have been fuzzy about what it's about. Coffee Tea and Thee started in March 2010 as a place to post additional commentary to a Bible study I was writing. It grew into a hodge-podge of family events, prayer needs, inspirational stories, and a relay of information. But mostly it is written for and about our Lord. Coffee Tea and Thee... the name just came to me one day and I love it. I like to think of having a cup of coffee and conversation with Him.

Further, the blog experiment suggests keeping the elevator pitch short, clear, intriguing and energetic. Once you've got your elevator pitch you can use it elsewhere... in your tag line, on your 'about' page, in real life conversations, on business cards and in email signatures.

I finally decided that my blog is about whatever you and I would talk about, with Jesus joining us, over a good cup of coffee or tea. All the subjects of life are under His great big umbrella. Well now I have it - it's on my sidebar.

3 comments:

Shay Brannon said...

Love this first "exercise"! Can't wait to learn what you learn about blogging. Never thought of communicating to someone in a few sentences and a few seconds what I wanted my blog to be. Working on it! Keep writing, friend!

Judy Toles said...

Love it! Excited about my month with you through the blog. Just thinking of you today - a precious sister who breathes grace.

Dedra Herod said...

I'm thinking you need to come to Blissdom 2012 (blogging conference) with me. Lovin' the challenges!! :)