Come with me by yourselves to quiet place... Mark 6:31

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Afternoon in Oxford

Nothing compares to visiting grandbabies, but when there is a spare hour, I have the treat of Oxford's Square waiting for me just five minutes away. My tour guide, Paula, gave me an overview of the art, shopping and eating before driving to nearby Taylor Grocery for unbelievable fried catfish. Thank you, Paula!

Views of the Square...



Our tour began with William Faulkner's home... a great place for future picnics and maybe one day, plein air art...


Southside Gallery, to see what's interesting in the art world... and to see more on Oxford's art, go to my art blog, Blessings in Brushstrokes...

the landmark of all landmarks, Square Books...


Mississippi Madness, lots of Peters Pottery...

a clock in the new store, Stash...


great pajama's at AC's...

and Off Square Books was preparing for a booksigning, an every Thursday night event...

then, a quick 15 minute drive to Taylor...





Everyone says come back for Christmas... no problem, I'll be back before then. The sweetest family in the world lives here!

No comments: