Come with me by yourselves to quiet place... Mark 6:31

Monday, October 11, 2010

So Dear to Me

We loved you so much
that we were delighted to share with you
not only the gospel of God
but our lives as well,
because you had become so dear to us.
I Thessalonians 2: 8 NIV

I love this verse! I love it because it is what really happens when I teach a class. It happened to me a year ago when I began leading the Wednesday girls, and it has happened this fall with the Southwood Thursday girls. You simply become dear to me. I don't know any other way to say it.

God does it. He has a special way of knitting hearts together who study His Word together. I've talked to other bible teachers and they say the same thing. It seems impossible that you can love ladies who you do not even know, but it is true. I can look out into the audience and here's what I see - beauty, vulnerability, realness, eagerness to know and hear God, dedication and appreciation. And it simply catches my heart. I can't wait to get back this week - I've missed you so much.

Wednesday girls - We are approaching our half way mark in The Truth Project. I know it is overwhelming at times, but oh, so worth it. I wish I were in your shoes, studying Truth in my thirties. I love you all.

Thursday girls - I understand that the Stones of Remembrance exercise brought you closer together as groups and closer to God. I'll never forget the first time I sketched out my lifeline. I was bowled over at the amount of in-depth Bible study God put in my path during my thirties, all in preparation for some dark days in my forties. I would never have seen it so clearly had it not been for placing and labeling those memorial stones on a scrap piece of paper.

I can hardly wait for this Wednesday and Thursday - to be back with all of you. I love you with a heart only God could have given to me.

Take another look at I Thessalonians from The Message...
We weren't aloof with you. We took you just as you were.
We were never patronizing, never condescending,
but we cared for you the way a mother cares for her children.
We loved you dearly. Not content to just pass on the Message,
we wanted to give you our hearts.
And we did.

No comments: