Come with me by yourselves to quiet place... Mark 6:31

Monday, October 18, 2010

Wake Up with Me!

I’m not sure where I’m going with this, but I thought I’d let you know what the Lord has put on my heart.

I know very little about the Middle East. And I have been led to know more about the Middle East. In fact, a few weeks ago, I felt God was prompting me to do three things:
* Wake up, open my eyes – connect the dots between news and biblical prophecy…
* Get informed – read, know the present, know the past, know the map, know the leaders…
* Get prepared – listen and be ready to obey where God puts me and what He asks of me…

It began with recently reading through Isaiah in my read-the-Bible-through-in-a-year. I’ve read Isaiah upteen times, but this time I saw scriptures I’d never seen before, and ones I had seen I now read in a different light. Followed by Jeremiah, I’m seeing judgment everywhere. If any of the unfulfilled prophecies of judgment were to happen in my lifetime, I can tell you for sure that I am woefully unprepared.

Lying awake one night God began to bring things to mind – current happenings – that seem to confirm to me that He is leading others in the same way.

* BSF- BSF has not added another study since Romans. Is it any coincidence that the study that began worldwide this fall is the Book of Isaiah?
* David Jeremiah – Dr. David Jeremiah’s new book, The Coming Economic Armageddon, uncovers the Bible's prophetic clues to the world's shocking financial future--prophecies that just might indicate that we are living in the final days of Earth's history.
* Anne Graham Lotz & Joel Rosenberg – will join together on the 10th anniversary of 9/11 to do a worldwide simulcast, Wake up Call for the Church. Full details on my September 25 blogpost…
* The Lausanne Movement – Christian leaders are meeting this week in Cape Town, South Africa to address biblical evangelism in a drastically changed world. They have not met since 1989. * Studies of Revelation – It used to be you could not find a study of Revelation, now they are everywhere. Beth Moore has one and Kathy Phillips, from Houston, Texas and founder of Prepare for Life, just completed a 22-lesson study entitled "Revelation, the Unveiling of the Lord Jesus Christ".

I’m sure you have other happenings to add to my list. Join me in waking up! More on this as I ask God to remove the scales from my eyes and the muffs from my ears to see and understand more fully what He is up to.

3 comments:

Lesley said...

Is Ben still worried that you'll "get the call"? I still remember that from years ago in one of your BSF lectures!

He better start packing...

Shay Brannon said...

Thank you for this timely information! I am right with you on this. Proclaim the warnings, my sister! He is using you!

Kim Johnson said...

This makes me want to study Revelations even more than before!