Come with me by yourselves to quiet place... Mark 6:31

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Holy Week: Wednesday

The silent day. The gospels are quiet. No known facts. It is speculated Jesus spent the day near Bethany with close friends - a quiet day of rest and prayer.

Did he sleep late? Did he go back to the Mount of Olives and gaze at Jerusalem one last time? Where did he have dinner that night? What were his last conversations with Mary, Martha and Lazarus? Was this the day he sent a few disciples off to begin making preparaions for Passover? Was this the day Judas snuck away to meet with members of the Sanhedrin? Who did Jesus hug today or heal today? Who did he kiss today? Did he cry today?

Today I'm fasting from words and having a quieted heart day. Not that I won't have conversations, but I'm going to think about my words and not be so full of nothingness. I'm going to pray more and prepare myself for the coming days.

This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: “In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it. Isaiah 30: 15

I do not want to be the one to whom Jesus says, 'you would have none of it'. I want every bit of what He chooses to give me today.

No comments: