Come with me by yourselves to quiet place... Mark 6:31

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Mama's Heart


Okay, I just have to say it - I am carrying around a lot of mamas in my heart this week. Lots of goodbyes, lots of tears, lots of angst... whether it be off to college or off to kindergarten. Did I do enough, was there time enough, do they have faith enough, do they know enough? I am praying for you all. Empty nests as well as the first fledgling out. I'll never forget those days with each of my children - my goodness, I'll never forget those days my very own self! When I went to first grade I left my best childhood friend sitting in her driveway. When I went to college my dad cried and told me I was getting what he never had. He said if he could have his way about one thing it would be to go with me. Memories. See what I mean? Some things, lots of things, they will never forget.

Jesus is enough. He is supremely sufficient. He is holding your child and carrying them to the next step. Many mama prayers this week and next.

Then, turning to his disciples, Jesus said, “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food to eat or enough clothes to wear. And don’t be concerned about what to eat and what to drink. Don’t worry about such things. These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers all over the world, but your Father already knows your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and he will give you everything you need. So don’t be afraid, little flock. For it gives your Father great happiness to give you the Kingdom." Luke 12: 22, 29-32 NLT

1 comment:

Shay Brannon said...

I cried when I read your blog and played the video! Thank you for your love and prayers! Shay