Come with me by yourselves to quiet place... Mark 6:31

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

STEAL LIKE AN ARTIST.

For those of you who know about my painting blog, Blessings in Brushstrokes, I am saying goodbye. Not to painting, but to a blog about painting. I have had 8-10 dedicated weekly readers, and I want to thank them for following a blog with a new post every four months or so!

I simply cannot write two blogs, and my heart is in this one. I plan to increase posts as well as broaden the scope of Coffee Tea and Thee. I will cover my painting news when I have it, right alongside Bible studies, family events, and God things that bring refreshment and restoration.

Painting news... as you might imagine, I've taken at least a six month break due to Sarah's wedding. Yet with a little time on my hands my brain has started pumping and I'm yearning for that creative voice. Today I dug in my old closet and pulled out paints, palette, a big box of photographs for ideas, and clean, white, blank canvasses. I'm back.

While searching the internet looking over some of my favorite artists and what they have been doing while I've had the lead in planning a wedding, I found this. I am such a list person. August is the month for lists - school supply lists, clothes lists, last days of summer lists, reading lists, fall trips lists and more. I can get so wound up trying to find a fresh look - something that has never been done. This reminds me there is nothing new under the sun. Just get going and give it to God!Btw... In keeping with #6 on the list, I'm looking for a tiny inexpensive studio space downtown or near. Someplace to paint, someplace to have you over for coffee, someplace to light in between things. If you know of anything please email.

No comments: