Come with me by yourselves to quiet place... Mark 6:31

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Wedding Countdown

A mother of the bride, that would be me, learns all kinds of random things while working on a wedding. I thought you might enjoy a few of my faves.

pure barre. The best workout in town. Barre none. I'm hooked. Just came to our town a few months ago and it has provided this MOB the ability to fit into her MOB dress! Read about the calorie burn and the idea behind the technique. Whew!

My favorite wedding book is this one from The Knot. I'll use it even when the wedding is over. Great flowers, color combinations, favors, little gifts, ideas.

I never even heard of fashion tape before but it has zillions of uses. It sticks to skin - so our use is holding our bride's wedding dress straps just barely off her shoulders.
And I found my most favorite summer 'find' at the Greene Street Market. It is held on Thursdays, 4:00 - 8:00 PM at the corner of Greene Street and Eustis Avenue. My long-time family friends, the Tutt's, have put their fabulous cucumber relish on the market. It's called Relish our Relish and so delicious as a side for butter beans, lady peas, in egg salad, or on turkey sandwiches. I recently made myself a cream cheese and relish sandwich on whole wheat bread - yum! I bought a case and I'm giving jars as thank you gifts for the angels in my life who have helped me in scads of sweet ways.

I even now know a lady who monograms leather. See what I mean about random.

2 comments:

Kristi Kelly said...

I am stuck together by fashion tape on any given day. I am so glad you found it too. I have seen signs for GSM and am glad to know more about it. Can't wait to check it out! Also, glad to know you found someone who monograms leather!

Shay Brannon said...

And a beautiful wedding it was!!! Especially beautiful was the mom of the bride. And I think you fit into your dress just perfectly. :) Giving thanks to God for how He was honored in the wedding celebration!