Come with me by yourselves to quiet place... Mark 6:31

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Wedding Letdown

And what a sweet letdown it is. Gentle. Kind. So like God. There is no way to describe the exhausted good full joyful overwhelming feelings of today. There is no way to thank everyone for their outpouring of love.

So I am asking God to bless them with deeds only He can do, in ways only He can know.

to the Glories for prayer on our knees in the sanctuary just days before
for Kristi delivering guest bags all over town and making everything fun
for Amanda for writing, under God's inspiration, a prayer I carried around all weekend and will share later
for Lowell and Ken exhibiting pure grace by rescheduling flights and picking up bags and driving two cars and more I don't even know about
for Bee and Ben for pushing through every obstacle and humiliation to get here and be there
for Lucy and John being here full of smiles and support
for Luke - always a dedicated uncle and mentor
for Ann, Mary Alice, Lakshmi, Lee, Kim & Rica for putting together dinner and delivering joy
for everyone who came from out of town
for Pennie, Judy and Karen - other MOB's who carried me in prayer
for the entire Matthews crew
for Steph and Rob both being here
for my cousins who mean the world to me
for Dedra who came for the sole reason to pray
for Shay who said she cried when I walked down the aisle
for Pat, Elaine and Libby, the "fearsome foursome" tennis group from 35 years ago
for Nance, still the best freshman college roommate anyone could have
for unbelievably sweet time with the awesome bridesmaids all day Saturday
for Cathy
for Megan
for more unforgettable Matthews Kelly memories that even Sarah said when she called Sunday morning that these memories were the best of all
for Alison's email and Judy's message
for Houston, Nate and Molly - incredible kids who know when and how to shift the spotlight to their sister
for Ben reaching for my hand during Sean and Sarah's vows
for The Lord calming me with His Word and His Presence

Blessings to you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a BEAUTIFUL wedding!!!!!!!! We were so thankful to be able to be there! Everything was perfect! They look SO HAPPY! I know that as a mother that is all that you can ask for!!!! (so glad that I got to meet and hold the precious Caroline too!!!!)
-Missy McDaniel

Anonymous said...

It was such a wonderful wedding and Todd and I were so happy to be there...we had a wonderful time! It was great to get to see and catch up with everyone! I know you put in SO much time and effort and it truly paid off!