Come with me by yourselves to quiet place... Mark 6:31

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Funniest Comment of Thanksgiving

I love Thanksgiving! Everyone in my family considers it my holiday. My sister visits every year and always brings games and prizes. This year no exception... the games were Christmas Trivia and Bible Trivia. I felt sure I would win the Bible Trivia... Not.

Okay, check yourselves. Here were our 10 questions:
1. What did Mary ride on her trip to Bethlehem?
2. How many days did it take God to make the earth?
3. What sign did God use to show he would never destroy the earth by flood again?
4. What was rolled away when the tomb was discovered empty?
5. God told Abraham he would have more children than _____ and _____.
6. What bird flew from Noah's ark to find land?
7. Who is considered the strongest man in the Bible?
8. What were the names of Adam's first two sons?
9. How many disciples were there?
10. What animal tempted Eve in the garden?
And our bonus question: Name any book in the Bible named after a woman.

Answers:
1. donkey, everyone got this one, thank goodness
2. 6, you can imagine the discussion from all the Bible scholars in the room
3. rainbow
4. stone
5. stars in the sky and grains of sand, since I was the only one to get this I thought for sure I'd win
6. ugh raven, not dove
7. Sampson
8. Cain and Abel
9. 12
10. serpent - Steph was relentless and would not take 'snake' as an answer

And here is where we all fell out... the bonus question. Of course we all cried out 'Ruth' and 'Esther'. Several of the men in our group looked completely dumbfounded, so I just happened to ask my son what book he had put down with a woman's name. He answered... Bathsheba! Are you kidding me! We all roared! I'm signing him up for Men's BSF right away!

3 comments:

Katy Forester Brooks said...

Too funny!

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha it was such a great moment!!!!

CS said...

That sounds like so much fun! I wanna come to your house next year!