Come with me by yourselves to quiet place... Mark 6:31

Monday, November 14, 2011

Going Deeper

I am still getting email comments about our time spent in Hosea. I readily admit - Hosea is a powerful book and just when I think I've 'got it' someone takes me deeper.

One blog reader sent me a poem she wrote a while back. God continues to take her to Hosea 2: 14-15, and her poem is a work in progress. She so gets it. Her honesty and vulnerability have incredibly blessed me. I pass the blessing on to you.

No Longer Called a Harlot

free. free. i've been set free.
my life has been redeemed
from death to life, pain and strife,
i enter whole and new

despite my constant prostitution
the Father desired not my retribution
i thought His love would fade
instead, down His life He laid

i ran away and caused Him grief
but then turned over a new leaf
He continued loving me just the same
He even knew my name

yet once more i took on other lovers
i slept beneath another god's covers
i turned my back again
he kept being there--forgiving all my sin

i should have been condemned
i should have been killed for my sin
but i enter in and we begin again
His grace for me will never end

No comments: