Come with me by yourselves to quiet place... Mark 6:31

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

February - Love

As January brought a flood of Hope into my heart, certainly February reminds me of Love. It is the Love month. Being my anniversary today (36 years), I would like to give a great big shout out... Happy Anniversary, Ben! You are and always have been the love of my life.

In Wednesday Bible study we are studying I John. One could say it is the Love book, written by the beloved disciple. Did you know you are deeply loved by God? Soak this in right here before Valentine's Day. Be loved and love!

God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. I John 4: 16

For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. John 3: 16

God shows his love for us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us. Romans 5: 8

It should give us great joy to know that it is the purpose of God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit to give of themselves to us to bring us true joy and happiness. It is God's nature to act that way toward those upon whom he has set his love, and he will continue to act that way toward us for all eternity. Wayne Grudem, Systematic Theology

1 comment:

Shay Brannon said...

Happy Anniversary to a precious couple!! Thank you for this great post.