Come with me by yourselves to quiet place... Mark 6:31

Monday, February 27, 2012

Lorraine Christie's Workshop

I told you I needed to be stretched. Well, I was. It was the hardest worshop I've ever attended; but good. Intense. Lorraine did a demo each morning for about two hours, then we took a break for lunch and came back to paint all afternoon. Her palette and style is so unique, that in itself was a stretch. My brain is tired and I have lots to process.

Here is the progression of her demo painting:
just getting started - she tones her canvas with orange
her very limited palette
getting in the background and blending it all together
boxing in a few figures and yes, she uses jet black
working on the lamp post
pulling together or 'marrying' the foreground
putting in the last figure and almost finished - isn't she incredible!
This is a previous painting of Lorraine's which Nancy and I used as our guide
Nancy's...
mine... obviously a long way to go
I will hang it in my studio and just live with it for awhile. Nancy and I both made quite a few notes of what to do to finish, along with Lorraine's suggestions. She was most kind. When we both finish, I will post a before and after.

1 comment:

zunkus said...

Does Lorraine Christie use oils or acrylics?