Come with me by yourselves to quiet place... Mark 6:31

Sunday, February 5, 2012

glassybaby

I received one of these wonderful little candleholders, called glassybaby, for Christmas and fell in love with their design and light. The glass is light and airy but durable; the colors exquisite; and the light they radiate makes me smile. I want an entire collection.

Glassybaby has given back $837,000 since November 2003.
Their story is a must-read:

When the first glassybaby was created in 1998, Lee Rhodes, glassybaby creator and founder, was raising her three small children and fighting what would become a 7-year battle with a rare form of lung cancer. She had endured surgery, countless rounds of chemotherapy, and was searching for a few moments of serenity to escape the fear that encompassed her life. Inspired by the beauty of these elegant vessels, Lee filled them with tea lights and scattered them throughout her home. She found great hope and healing in their color, light and love.

Lee's 12 year old son wrote the very best description of glassybaby and presented it to her early one Christmas morning. Don't miss these precious words. Shop glassybaby!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are too cool!

Anonymous said...

Also, I have a new blog that is separate from my teaching blog just for my personal art...check it out here:

http://moonbirddesign.blogspot.com/