Come with me by yourselves to quiet place... Mark 6:31

Friday, July 16, 2010

Don't Give Up!

Dear Readers -
Hang in there. Keep on reading. Stay honest and open with God. If you, like me, need a good long quiet time before tackling the next chapter, find a way to get it. Hide away with God and pray, ponder and read. I just discovered a brief window of time, maybe 30 minutes, and I'm signing off from emails, blogs and phone calls to enter that quiet sanctuary and rest in Him.

It has been a week. In between many fun-filled activities with our granddaughter, I've attended two funerals. Enough to hurt my heart so much that the last thing I wanted to do was hear more about my sins. Kristi, I'm right there with you, regarding every word of your assessment from the 'Pride' chapter. Mr. Bridges just happened to choose the exact subtitles that nailed me.
This has been a teary week, so I'm surely not looking forward to more tears while reading through the 'Selfishness' chapter. Thanks for the heads up.

But I remain committed. Do you? What would encourage you? I'll try my best to do it. You are my encouragement. And the fact that I know, that I know, that I know, that at the end of this is His favor and His Glory! Every repentant heart will produce fruit. None of our prayers or anguish over our sins will be wasted.

Sylvia, so good to see your name - bless you for playing catch up!

A summer storm is blowing through. What a good time to read, pray and ponder.

1 comment:

Linda H. said...

Having also attended a funeral this past week, caring for my elderly sister and concern for a ninety-two year old friend who was hospitalized; it was hard to get back into the book to further convict me of all the respectable sins in my life. But, I soon discovered this was exactly what I needed. In chapter nine it was clearly revealed to me to accept my present circumstance. Not only to accept but not allow discontent to make a home in my heart. I loved the ending of chapter nine when the author tells us “… with the help of the Holy Spirit move from any negative attitudes of discontentment to a positive attitude of being stewards of the difficult and disappointing circumstances God has given us so that we may somehow glorify Him in all of life.” Moving on to chapter ten I will have to tell you the prayer at the end of the first full paragraph on page 86 was written especially for me! I wrote down Ephesians 5:20 and 1 Thessalonians 5:18 to help me remember to thank God in all things. I had the words from the hymn Precious Lord Take My Hand constantly repeating in my mind last week. This Sunday those lyrics were replaced with the wonderful words of Trust and Obey. He has to lead and I must trust and obey. Your comments are encouraging to me!