Come with me by yourselves to quiet place... Mark 6:31

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

For It Is Time... to prepare our hearts

Just a few days and we will be at retreat. I want to tell you that the Asbury team has planned an excellent conference. No matter that it is only five hours long - they have put prayer and dedication, heart and soul, into the five hours we will spend with each other and with the Lord.

I have been asked many times what is the best way to walk into a retreat... meaning what is the best way to prepare ourselves for hearing from God. If you have read the previous blog posts, you have already prepared your eyes by skimming the 14 chapters of Hosea. You have prepared your mind by learning of the man, Hosea. These last few days are the days to prepare your heart.

Prayer prepares the heart. Pray the soil of your heart is plowed up and fertile and ready to receive God's Word. Come expectant that He will speak directly to you. Come clean.... confessed up. Come ready to hear God and obey quickly.

Don't be surprised or alarmed this week if hurdles crop up to stand in your way or even cause you to reconsider coming. Pray first! Recognize the enemy's attack. Today Jesus Calling says, If you focus on the obstacle or search for a way around it, you will probably go off course. Instead, focus on me, the Shepherd who is leading you along your life-journey. Before you know it, the "obstacle" will be behind you and you will hardly know how you passed through it.

Pray for me. Pray I also come clean, ready to speak what God wants spoken. God has filled my heart to overflowing with the story of Hosea and the parallel truths applicable to our day. I have a feeling that some of the things He wants to say will be a surprise even to me! Pray that I can walk that sometimes scary place of being on the edge of the Holy Spirit's promptings.

I can't wait to be with you. God bless your days until it is time to together seek the Lord.

2 comments:

Louise said...

Woo hoo ! In prep... the hurdles are up & Jesus is on his throne. Louise J

Dedra said...

Can not wait to see what He has for us Friday! Thank you for preparing my heart.. much love! I am covering you in prayer!