Come with me by yourselves to quiet place... Mark 6:31

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Nourishment... instructions

For those of you at the Asbury retreat last Friday night, you know what I'm talking about.

I hope you have started Nourishment. Have you ever seen anything like the speed in which our world gobbles up God's seeds? We may have a fantastic pulling-away time with God and two days later we hardly remember the gist of it. I can remember coming home from several mountaintop experiences, only to be robbed of almost every bit of it by the middle of the week following. I have learned that follow-up and accountability are essential to my growth.

If you and I just complete our exercises and never have the opportunity to talk about them, some of the depth is lost. Since we cannot meet again and have a follow-up retreat, this blog is hopefully going to provide us the forum to voice some of our struggles and our victories as we pray and work toward a repentant heart.

Here's what I'd like you to do. As you diligently and prayerfully begin Nourishment think about questions your would like to ask others, as well as personal things you would be willing to share. We need to hear from each other. I need to hear your heart and share mine. I desperately feel that my own personal prayers for a truly repentant heart will be aided by your journey to do the same.

Over the next week, email me your thoughts. My email is swm0804@bellsouth.net or listed on the blog sidebar. I will collect and group your comments and, without using any names, publish them on Saturday, November 5th. For that day only Coffee Tea and Thee will post a running dialog with comments and further questions.

Is this too much truth-telling? I hope not. I do not in any way want to interfere with your solitude or the private things that remain between you and God. But please do not let some of the lessons He teaches you go unspoken.

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. Proverbs 27: 17

No comments: