Come with me by yourselves to quiet place... Mark 6:31

Monday, January 30, 2012

Companies that Give Back


Several of my favorite Christmas presents (presents I gave and got) were items made by companies that give back. These companies, some small, some quite large, have the philanthropic philosophy ingrained into their business models to give a portion of their profits to the truly needy.

This is becoming something of a trend - and a good one! Over the next little while let me introduce you to a few of my favorites.

Tom's shoes. Lots of colors and fabrics, mostly the same style - very comfy, affordable ($54). With every pair purchased Tom's will give one pair of new shoes to a child in need. One for one. Here's their story.
I'm not a huge shopper but I could do some damage here. And ballet slippers are coming February 1st! I am in line for a pair. Shop Tom's!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE TOMS!!!! I wish I had some so bad! I think they are so cute!

Megan said...

One of my favorite topics! If you need any ideas- I've got TONS