Come with me by yourselves to quiet place... Mark 6:31

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Guarding Marriages, part 2

If you read the post on November 9 titled Guarding Marriages, this is the follow-up. After my two questions, 'How are you guarding your marriage?' and 'What do you believe would guard your marriage?', I got several comments on the blog, but even more emails personally to me.

I want to get back with you a few findings. Here is what you said guards a marriage... in no particular order:
1. Prayer - any kind of prayer - praying for one another, asking others to pray, and especially...
2. Praying with one another
3. Date nights
4. Going to church together - worshipping God side by side
5. Lots of communication
6. Making the marriage a mutual focus
7. Celebrating personal anniversaries, first date, the date he proposed, trips we take every year
8. And one other that may sound odd, but the more I think of it, the more truth I believe this friend speaks... getting to the root of 'your stuff'... whether with the Lord, or in counseling, or however... not his stuff, my stuff. Amen.

If this spurs you to think of other things that guard your marriage, please comment or email. Friends, we need this! Much love and prayers sent for marriages out there. Let's find ourselves in the category below.

No comments: