Come with me by yourselves to quiet place... Mark 6:31

Monday, May 24, 2010

Precious Stones


This coming Sunday, May 30, our summer study will be announced. So this marks our last week of remembrances from Crossings. Going back and reflecting on the lessons God has taught me has been invaluable. Eight weeks ago I was unsure of my new land. Eight weeks ago I had not moved to Gilgal. Eight weeks ago I had no battle strategy. Eight weeks ago I had not contemplated removing giants from my land. They aren’t gone yet, but I have resolved to get them out of my life once and for all! Today, I pray God has deeply rooted these lessons in my heart and yours. As I continue to work on my timeline/lifeline, I’ve added another stone of remembrance… Crossings 2010.

The last day of class I took home precious stones of remembrance. Pictured below are pages from a book put together by the Wednesday Girls. Each page creatively highlighted the ways God has worked in their lives through Crossings. Pages were decorated, water-colored, scrap-booked; and messages were warm, touching, funny and gave God Glory. I cherish each one.

A special shout-out to Jan who water-colored the green cup. I love the green cup! It says to me, ‘come and sit with me, and have coffee or tea and let’s talk… love Jesus’. I sold the original green cup years ago to a precious friend, Belinda, who gave it to her daughter, Amy. I’ve thought about painting myself another one, but God stepped in and gave me something beyond my expectations. Jan, I love the art and the artist! A big hug through the wires to all the Wednesday Girls! I miss you every Wednesday.

No comments: