Come with me by yourselves to quiet place... Mark 6:31

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Today is the day.

Do you want to know what a total nerd I am? I love summer reading. Not that reading is at all nerdy. But, I love the summer reading book lists to be more exact. Not that I ever had one – in the dark ages when I was in high school, summers were supposed to be fun - a complete break from school. I never saw a book list, but if I had I would have loved it and definitely read every single book. In college I had one class with a full book list – Children’s Literature. Oh boy, you can imagine – things like all the Chronicles of Narnia. Heaven.

So, you’ve probably figured out – I’m launching The Coffee Tea and Thee Summer Book Club.

Here’s how it works. Tomorrow six books will be posted on the blog. They are all highly recommended books by outstanding Christian authors. Three are classics and three are at-the-moment current. Vote for your choice either by a comment or by emailing me. I will give you a week to vote, so you will have plenty of time to investigate your choice. I’ll tally the votes and on Monday, June 7, announce the book we will read. Then we’ll take another week for everyone to get the book. I’ll give a schedule for reading and book discussion. All summer the blog will cover lots of things in general, but every Thursday we will have CT&T Book Club. We’ll talk about each chapter, the author, the book’s influence and our lives. And whatever else God puts on the table.

I’m so excited! All God’s idea and He heard my heart… I’ve been hungering for a Christian Book Club for a very long time. See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I'm so excited! I can't wait to see what the choices are! Thank you for doing this!

Shay Brannon said...

Yay! Can't wait to start reading when I get back!