Come with me by yourselves to quiet place... Mark 6:31

Monday, May 17, 2010

The Scarlet Thread

I have already written about Rahab (see April’s post titled, For One Woman), but if I had to narrow it down to two things from Crossings that I can’t quit thinking about, it would be Rahab and Gilgal. I’ll get to Gilgal later. Today I’m reliving Rahab one more time and letting each lesson sink in.

The spies did not need to go into Jericho! Joshua did not need any of the information they provided. Not really. The more I have studied, the more apparent it is that God sent them in for one reason only – to save Rahab.

Wow. What Love. And get this… when Rahab placed the scarlet rope in her window, the sign that would save her family when Jericho fell, unbeknownst to her, that scarlet rope continued a scarlet thread running through the entire Bible. The scarlet thread representing the shed blood of Christ. Beginning in Genesis when God slew an animal to provide a skin to cover Adam and Eve, the scarlet thread continues in Exodus as the Hebrews took the blood from a spotless lamb and placed it on the doorpost to save their family. And now a scarlet rope hands out of a window to save Rahab and her family. All the way through – pictures of Christ and his blood shed in my place and yours, so that we could be saved. What Love.

No comments: