Come with me by yourselves to quiet place... Mark 6:31

Monday, August 9, 2010

An Artist Wanna-Be

I have two hobbies: reading (duh!) and oil painting. When I first started working at the Museum I was bitten by the painting bug and was able to get into an oil painting class taught by Chuck Long. From there I found out about the annual lessons at the Assembly in Monteagle taught by portrait artist, Angela Kuprion. I've attended these awesome painting get-aways for 5 years! I've had lessons with Robert Bean, Kim English and Roger Dale Brown, but I still have ways to go and basically, I'm an artist wanna-be.

The Edgeworth Inn at the Assembly


One thing very fun about being an artist, even a wanna-be, is knowing other artists! So I want to introduce you to my youngest artist friend. You'll have to go to my art blog, Blessings in Brushstrokes, in order to meet him and see his work. http://blessingsinbrushstrokes.blogspot.com/

Precious paintings...
Also, you can't believe how hard it is to even paint one day a week. So, I'm looking for a once-a-month painting group. Anyone interested? I have several ideas how it might work - email me!

Be blessed today!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Me! me! me! I wanna paint! I bought some canvases and acrylics and brushes and they just SIT there. I did go to the Monet class at Burritt last week and made what I think is the best painting I've done (of the whole 4, that is).

Ashlee Stewart said...

Mrs.Suzanne,
You are the sweetest lady I know. You hardly know me and yet I feel like you have impacted my life greatly! I dont know why, but you have really been on my mind. Thank you for all you do and continue to be a servant for the Lord!

Love,
Ashlee Stewart