Come with me by yourselves to quiet place... Mark 6:31

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Visit to Steph's

Jesus loved Martha, and her sister and Lazarus. John 11: 5

My family growing up was a Martha, a Mary, and a Lazarus. I have always loved this verse because it reminds me of us. Can you guess which one I am? Martha, of course.

We had a wonderful long weekend trip to Steph’s little farm in North Carolina. We stayed in her guest house next to the barn and got to know her horses, Carolina and Hershey, and her sixteen kitties. Ben and I got a glimpse of what weekend life is like for Steph and her friend, Chuck. They have alot of fun and they are alot of fun! We had a glorious day out on Lake Norman, went by the horse trainer and rode Candy and Goo Goo, toured Winston-Salem and Old Salem, and tagged along to a few yard sales. We ate great food and laughed and read old love letters from Dad to Mom after the war.

Thank you, Steph, for such a great time! We love you!













3 comments:

Michelle V said...

How fun! Love seeing the pics. Thanks for sharing.

Shay Brannon said...

Can I go next time??? :) What a great place for relaxtion and refreshment. So glad you got to go. Happy Birthday sweet friend. Love you!!

KKelly said...

LOVE THIS! Thanks for sharing.