Come with me by yourselves to quiet place... Mark 6:31

Friday, April 16, 2010

For One Woman

I should be working on next week’s lesson, but I can’t quite let go of this past Wednesday. If you are one of the ‘Wednesday girls’, I love you! I love sharing every Wednesday morning with you. I could have stayed after for hours talking more about Rahab and our Stones of Remembrance. I wish we could have one whole morning of nothing but talking about our lifelines. You are the best! Thank you for being good sports and changing tables each week and making new friends.

If you are one of the ‘Blog girls’ – I love you too! Thank you for reading the blog, even doing the study and following from afar. This post is really for you. There’s something from Wednesday’s teaching talk about Rahab that has meant so much to me, I want to share it with you. I mean it – it has been hard to leave Joshua 2!

Here’s what I want to say one more time about Rahab. It may have seemed to us that Joshua sent the spies in to Jericho to get military information, but really God sent them in to get Rahab. Joshua didn’t have to have a lot more information in order to attack Jericho. He was going no matter what. The whole reason for the mission was for one woman. God had been preparing her heart. She had heard of Him and she had believed in Him. Now he rescues her from death. He gives her confirmation to her faith, safety, a home with His people, and best of all; He gives her a place of honor in the ancestry of Jesus Christ. Don’t miss Matthew 1 – Rahab married one of the Israelites, a man named Salmon from the tribe of Judah. They had a son, Boaz, who married Ruth and Ruth and Boaz had Obed. Obed had Jesse, who was the father of King David.

Rahab reminds us of the Samaritan woman. Jesus went into Samaria and took that route that day for one reason – one woman. I keep thinking of when I came to Christ my junior year in college. The ways Jesus went out of His way just for me. I’d love to hear how He went out of His way just for you. I know He did.

No comments: