Come with me by yourselves to quiet place... Mark 6:31

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Shakin' in Our Boots

I'm not quite ready to get you to share your 'land'. Too many of us are just beginning to get our heads wrapped around the concept of new territory. We still need time for those seeds from lecture to germinate.

But I am ready to ask you how you feel about crossing? Let's have some comments today! Are you ready to go - bags packed, making those last preparations? Are you holding back? Are you scared out of your wits? Are you the perpetual crosser - just in your motor boat crossing back and forth with every change of the wind? I want to hear.

May I tell you that a few months ago God clearly showed me that I had crossed into new land. I had made it across, and landed in brand new territory for me (I'm not quite ready to share either). But He also showed me that when I crossed over into new land I promptly stopped there and pitched my tent right on the tip of the shore. One of the most dangerous places to pitch your tent is just inside new land. You know why? Because it is so easy to cross back over! And that's just what I've almost done... several times. How easy it would be to cross back over to what I know best, my comfort zone. Am I scared and terrified in this new land? You bet! I'm holding on to God's promises to Joshua in chapter 1 like crazy! While my legs are wobbling, I'm repacking my bags to head for what I know will be my first battle. My goodness! Just thinking of it makes me want to go back!

Give me a little encouragement here. Is there anyone else out there scared to death about crossing? I have never quite realized how much we need each other on this journey. I love you already!

3 comments:

Rica said...

Amen sister! The idea of a crossing often leaves me "Shakin in my boots"! The part that tends to make me fearful isn't the actual crossing, or leaving behind my comfort zone - it's the battle that is promised to lie ahead. Having to face conflict makes me want to dive back over the line and swim back over the river! I'm ready though - I'm ready for God to train that fear right out of me and to grow and stretch my faith to outrageous places. I'm so excited about making this journey with each of you.

Anonymous said...

YES! completely terrified and "shakin in my boots" is an understatement. I am like you...I've made the cross (that was the easy part as God made the path clear and attainable)...but un-pitching the tent from the "property line" and moving into the land is tough. I have often found myself retreating....leaving the tent and everything behind too!!! ha. But I find the path back to the comfort zone is not an easy path...certainly not as easy as the path to 'cross'.
Love You!!!
-SQM

Linda H said...

I'm also not ready to share my lands. One I've crossed into and battling for possession. One, not crossed; Praying for God to remove the fear. God revealed this morning that I need to remove excess baggage. He reassured me the memory of what I've done can be redeemed for good. He has put me once again with you Suzanne, my Joshua to lead me in this crossing.