Come with me by yourselves to quiet place... Mark 6:31

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Greatest Crossing

Hey girls, this is Judy and I feel so blessed to be a contributor to your blog and reconnect with many of you in the Wednesday morning Crossings Bible Study. Many of you know that I am not gifted in writing, more so with talking (some of you are laughing) about the LORD, but today I am stretching myself. While I have been studying the Book of John in Bible Study Fellowship with my grandson John Randall, I have certainly kept up with what you are doing and studying. Missing you, but know that this is a season for me to pull into my family and a season for you to be blessed by my sister Suzanne. Must admit blog spots are not a part of my normal day, but even sixty year olds can still learn. Glory to the Lord!!!!!
As I prayed about what to share with you, the LORD impressed my thoughts to think about the ”Crossing” that is truly amazing. God, through the Holy Spirit, imparted His Seed into Mary and Jesus Christ crossed over from the heavenly realm to the earthly realm, Luke 1:28-35. Love that is so amazing and so divine. We know from scripture Jesus existed before the foundation of the world and that all things were created by Him, through Him, and for Him. Someday perhaps we will have a greater understanding of all Jesus possessed in His Heavenly realm and all He was willing to set aside until His obedience to His Father for thirty three years was perfectly carried out. His “Crossing” involved great suffering for Him physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. Yet all the while in the greatest agony on the Cross, our sweet Jesus followed perfectly all the details to fulfill all scripture concerning Him. I have to admit I can not understand His total focus, yet I am so grateful for all He accomplished for all who believe in Him. When He crossed over again at His Ascension (Luke 24:50-53) He won a victory that sometimes I believe His bride, that is us, can not grasp. Psalm 103:1-6 says” Praise the LORD O my soul, and all my inmost being, praise His Holy Name. Praise the LORD O my soul and forget not all His benefits, He forgives all your sins, and heals all your diseases. He redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion. He satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagles. The Lord works righteousness and justice for all the oppressed”. Isaiah 61 tells us Jesus was anointed to preach good news to the poor, to bind up the broken hearted, to free us from the effect of the sins of others and to release us from darkness from our own sins. Therefore, we have been given back the authority in His Name to do works as God calls and empowers His believers- to represent Christ to our lost and suffering world.
Let me share a story of how this is played out by the help of the Holy Spirit. As parents and grandparents, our prayers for our children and grandchildren should be that our ceiling of faith is their foundation. Last week a group of people consisting of several generations, went to visit the homeless folks that live under the overpasses of 565 in tents here in Huntsville. The children who attended were obviously the most excited and prepared. They had colored pictures with hand written Bible verses on each one and had purchased silly bands to share, and share they did with their new friends. The morning was profound- these little ones with adults “crossed-over” into new territory with the love of Christ, and many residents were so touched, tears came into their eyes and one lady stated “This has been my wake up call”. Hands were laid on residents and prayers were raised and everyone was blessed. God was present for He inhabits the praises of His people and He had ordained praise from the infants and children that morning. It was so powerful that after an invitation from the residents, this group returned the next weekend to check on newfound friends and take breakfast again. A worship service under the overpass is now in the planning stage. God loves the homeless, and loves to love them through His children. Holy Spirit, you are AWESOME!!!!! Come in such a way that that You will enable the Body of Christ in Huntsville for fulfill their calling so that our City “crosses over” back to you as we all fulfill our purposes and calling in Christ Jesus. Obedience was the heart desire of Jesus and it is to be our desire as well. Help us LORD!!!!

2 comments:

Suzanne Matthews said...

Bless you Judy, for turning my thoughts to the homeless. I would have loved to have been there that day under the bridge. As everyone in Huntsville is crossing over the bridge, the Holy Spirit is doing some mighty things underneath! I thank God for you in my life! Love you!

Linda H said...

Judy, I love you. In crossing this bridge, many times my thoughts have turned to those living underneath. How wonderful that all of you put your faith into action. God's blessings to all who gave and all who received.
Linda H.