Come with me by yourselves to quiet place... Mark 6:31

Monday, April 12, 2010

Guest Post by: Molly

Hey everyone!
I'm so excited mom asked me to be a "guest blogger" today! For those of you who have NO clue who I am.. I'm Molly, I write my own blog over at SweetMondays!! I'm Suzanne's youngest daughter (technically.. I'm 16 minutes younger than my twin sister, Sarah). I'm a mother of one (and a half). I have a 16 month old little sweetie, Anna.. and a Peanut on the way! I love my life, I love my family, and I love the Lord!

IMG_0319
(This is my sweet little Anna.. and because I'm always behind the camera I can't show you me.. maybe next time)

................

When Mom asked me if I would be interested in posting a "guest post" on her blog I was thrilled to do so... and flattered to get to be a part of something I think is so great!
Isn't this Bible Study Blog such a great idea?! I can't wait to see all that God is going to do with/through it!!
................

I have given a lot of thought to what I should write today and... the more I think about it the more I feel compelled to just open up the can and pour out all the worms... eeeek!

Mom asked in her last post how we were feeling about our personal "Crossings".. well, whenever I'm faced with a "crossing" in my life..my immediate answer is... "I have my track shoes on and I'd like to sprint across the finish line... hurdling over every little possible barrier in my way.. nothing can stop me... let's GO!" Well, that's not quite the way God has meant for my latest CROSSING to go!

For those of you who don't know me from Adam then you don't know what in the world I'm talking about.. let me back track some:

My husband and I have been called to move. For a year and a half now we've been patiently (and impatiently) waiting to "go"! We've gone back and forth on every decision we've had to make: do we put the house on the market or wait until we know for sure when we're going? now that the house has sold where should we live? should we go ahead and get an apartment in our "new land"? should we buy a house up there? should we rent a house up there? should we buy land and build? should we stay here until after the baby comes? ... decisions, decisions, decisions.

And... if you know me.. you know that I don't make decisions easily! On any given day my closet is stripped of it's entirety because I can't decide what to wear.. and even worse.. my one year old's closet is the same because I'm just as indecisive as in what she should wear! Yes... these decisions were WAY too difficult for me. For the first few major decisions I exhausted every emotion I had... then it dawned on me: God has made this move clear to us and He has taken the path and will lead us the right way.. TRUST! So that is just what I did...Trusted God... and Casey too.. he's much better at all this than me so I knew he was allowing God to take the lead!
I sat back and waited (for months and months) not understanding why we were doing the things we were doing.. but knowing we were suppose to. Then we got the official word.. MAY 1...

May 1st seemed so close... we needed to get a place!!! (Remember... I'm a "jump on in" type.. rush, rush, rush...that was my immediate reaction... let's go NOW). That was not God's intention!

Through this entire process I'm quickly learning that God's timing is the best timing!
My timing probably would have rushed us into a house we didn't love in a neighborhood that wasn't our favorite for 40 years or something (aka.. the dessert). I'm glad my husband doesn't listen to me.. (sometimes..ha!) This time for sure!! After looking at all sorts of options (more options that I even knew were available)... we decided to rent! The one thing I knew I did NOT want to do!! But, after much prayer and consideration.. (and once again stepping back and letting God take the lead).. I realized renting is the best place for us!
I'm excited about our rent house. It's a HOUSE .. with a yard and plenty of room for little ones!

I can still see "our promised land" at the end of the tunnel (and now I know that tunnel will be at least 15 months longer)... but now I'm excited to take off my track shoes put my rainbows back on and enjoy the slow paced race in getting there... because I know that is God's time!

All this to say that whenever God gives me a new "crossing" I'm so eager to jump into it (and so many times I do) that I miss all that He had planned for me in "the waiting stage". We are going to learn SO much from Joshua's journey.. it's going to be so great! The timing couldn't be more perfect for me. And, even though I know not all of you are wading across the river over to your "promised land", I'm sure God is going to teach us all something great through this study.


Okay.. well, now that I've left you with a 1,978 page novel of my "two year move".. I'm sure you're all very eager to get back to work..ha! I hope to be back again soon. Maybe with pictures of Anna in our great new rent house!

Y'all take care and happy crossings to you all!!

3 comments:

Suzanne Matthews said...

Thank you for blogging today Molly, on your birthday! I know God has so many blessings for you this coming year. I can't wait to watch! Love you so, Mom

Alison said...

Molly - we are so much alike in that we both jump into things quickly and on impulse and sometimes forget to (or just plain don't want to) wait and see that God might have a different plan for us. I am so enjoying this blog and the weekly studies - glad to have you as guest blogger today, and glad y'all decided to rent for now. Sounds like a great decision!

Shay Brannon said...

Loved your post, Molly! Your trust in Him is refreshing and passionate. May your love for Him flow over into the life of your beautiful Anna and your "peanut". :)