Come with me by yourselves to quiet place... Mark 6:31

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Moved to Gilgal

I think I’ve told you that I’m well aware of my new land. I just don’t want to talk about it yet. It’s ‘under construction’. And I think I told you that when I crossed into my new land I was so tired and afraid and unsure that I quickly pitched my tent at first footfall. A very dangerous place to camp. Why? Because it is so easy to cross back over! And that is just what I’ve contemplated many times – crossing back to my comfort zone and what I know best.

But now I’ve picked up my stakes and moved to Gilgal. Gilgal was the first place Joshua stopped and camped after miraculously crossing the Jordan. Gilgal was the place where Israel celebrated their first Passover in the Promised Land. Gilgal is the place from which the victory at Jericho was staged. Gilgal is where the Ark of the Covenant (the Presence of God) was kept. Gilgal became home base.

The word ‘Gilgal’ means ‘circle’ and God brought His children full circle. They were getting a second chance, a do-over, a chance to make it right. Isn’t that so like God? This new land is a Gilgal in my life – a chance given by God to have a second try and try to get it right. God is here. It’s safe. It’s home base.

I’ve been know to always be in a hurry, rush into things, say ‘yes’ too many times and ‘no’ not often enough. But, this time, for the moment, I’m where I’m supposed to be – my Gilgal.

No comments: