Come with me by yourselves to quiet place... Mark 6:31

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Danger Zone

Last night we were talking about what a dangerous place we put ourselves when we let prayer and Bible reading slide. They go hand-in-hand. I know a girl who is battling the after-effects of serious sin. As we were talking over the suffering sin causes, I just happened to ask her what she had been hearing from God in her prayer life and through the pages of Scripture. She told me she had not prayed since November! I cannot tell you how floored I was. The first thing that came to mind was last night's lesson teaching us when prayer slides, we then begin to slide toward a dark and dangerous pit of sin.

I thought you might enjoy reading something I've had tucked in my Bible since 2000.
Whatever need or trouble you are in, there is always something to help you in your Bible, if only you go on reading till you come to the word God specially has for you. Sometimes the special word is in the portion you would naturally read, or in the Psalm for the day, but you must go on till you find it, for it is always somewhere. You will know it the moment you come to it, for it will rest your heart. Amy Carmichael Edges of His Ways

Tuesday night girls - we are headed to victory! I look at your faces and I can tell that you are getting it! I have loved every minute with you and I don't want our time together to end. That's why this last lesson is a little longer than usual, so start early. I pray you will be blessed. See you next week!

2 comments:

Kim Johnson said...

Do you have a reading pattern or schedule that you follow for your daily Bible time? I'd enjoy a plan to follow. Love the blog Suzanne...even though the word blog doesn't do justice to the great commentary.

Anonymous said...

can't wait for your commentary about SAINTS/SIN. How interesting to learn that a "saint" is not what i've always thought. It's not about the character,it's a state of being set apart by God, for God. Every believer is a saint...sainthood is a new condition of life brought on by the Spirit....we don't become saints by our actions-we are made saints by the HSpirit!!!
wow! wonderful book!!!