Come with me by yourselves to quiet place... Mark 6:31

Friday, June 18, 2010

Old Age is Not For Sissies

That is what my father-in-law says and I believe him!

It is hard not being able to see. It is hard not being able to hear. It is hard to continue asking,'what did you say?' It is hard to be afraid go anywhere for fear of falling... a fall starts the whole downward spiral you know. It is hard to not be able to work the phone or the computer or the cell phone or the digital picture frame or the pill bottle or the tv remote. It is hard thinking you are such a burden even when you are not. It is hard feeling bad all the time and not wanting to complain, so you don't. It is hard when every little simple task takes forever to do. It is hard to push yourself, and I mean push, to get out of the bed, to watch a little tv, to fix anything to eat, to take a shower or to get your hair washed.

I am visiting my in-laws. I love them to pieces. My heart is just about broken for how hard they try. They are still trying to make my visit a good one - when I am here to serve them... which is practically impossible. If you have a spare prayer, please pray for these two who are trying to make it through each day being strong and courageous and not sissies. Sissies? I can't believe the grit it takes to do what they do.

No comments: