Come with me by yourselves to quiet place... Mark 6:31

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Impatience

Thanks everyone for your comments! I laughed, actually howled-laughed-out-loud, after reading Lesley's comment about the Madison County License Dept!!! I can just picture the scene in Blind Side when Sandra Bullock goes to the License Dept... all of you with children under 12... just wait for the learner's permits. That's all I have to say about that.

I'm loving your comments and nodding agreement in lots of ways. My own list of acceptable sins is growing - especially out of my weekend experience! I've now seen in living real-life color that impatience is a sin. If patience is fruit of the Spirit, then the opposite has to be fruit of you-know-who.

I'm headed to the couch for a good long read, and can I just say that Chapter 4 soothed my soul. I have lots more to say about that later.

I only received one email comment, but it certainly bears sharing... I have been very touched with all of your vulnerability and honesty...
I realized some of my "acceptable sins" allow me to feel "better" about myself out in the world and I am using them as a crutch. I need to live up to what God has given me and wants for me, not what the world and others make me feel and/or believe.
A new creation in Christ, set apart by God, for God.

1 comment:

Michelle V said...

Chapter 4 was a healing balm for my soul also. I realized that I was skipping a whole step in my times of confession. A step that removes the shame and the guilt. A step that brings healing and strength. So grateful to God!